Additionally, Venée incorporates a set of overarching principles into her work that allow her to build effective relationships with her clients. Some of these principles include:
- Conducting a comprehensive client history and offering the personalized tools they can use to address issues of the spirit, soul/mind and body
- Merge sound therapeutic models with Biblical instruction that enable individuals to examine their perceptions and restructure their mindset and behaviors to lead healthy and psychologically sound lives
- Support the advancement of each client by helping them comprehend that they are empowered to make choices, take appropriate risks, and identify options that allow them to reach their full potential
Venée is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of New York, Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor with AACC, a member of the National Association of Social Workers-NYC Chapter, North American Association of Christians in Social Work, American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), Black Psychiatrists of Greater New York & Associates in New York State, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT), New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (NYCEFT), volunteer with NYCEFT Veteran Project, Alumni Advisory Board of the Fordham Graduate School of Social Service during 2008-2010 and a volunteer with the NYC Medical Reserve Corps affiliated with OMH Disaster Preparedness and Response.
Prior to establishing a faith-based private practice, Venée held roles at non-profit, social service and for-profit settings. Venée served as the Co-Director and Clinical Supervisor at the New York Foundling Article 31 Child/Adolescent Mental Health Clinic in Northern Harlem specializing in evidence-based treatment via Brief Strategic Family Therapy with at-risk children/adolescents ages 6-18 and their families.
Additional clinical experience includes:
Outpatient community-based psychotherapy with individuals, families and groups at the Madeleine Borg Community Counseling Center at the Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services, Inc.
Inpatient psychiatry with adults at Metropolitan Hospital Center
- More than 10 years experience as a volunteer director of the children’s ministry at Bethel Gospel Assembly, Inc. which involved providing faith-based supportive counseling to children ages 6-12 and their families.
Venée served in overseas missions for underprivileged children and families in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, West Indies during 1995-2002. Venée’s service as a faith-based volunteer includes serving as a Children’s Church teacher, curriculum coordinator/developer and liaison for a population of 200 children. She pursued and attained fundraising via corporate sponsorship for annual outings for underprivileged children.
Venée is passionate about serving others and is an active member of Bethel Gospel Assembly, Inc., New York.
Certifications: Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor with AACC, SIFI Certified Social Work Field Instructor, Executive Certificate in Non-profit Leadership, New York State Certified School Social Worker, Specialization in Children and their Families, Crisis Prevention Intervention, JBFCS Loss and Bereavement Program for Children & Adolescents and Child Play Therapy.
Evidence-based Treatment: Venée is also experienced with the following evidence-based treatment modalities:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT)
- Emotionally Focused Couple's Therapy (EFT)
- Growth-Focused Brief Therapy (GFBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
Click to listen to Venée's audio spot: